Harvey Park Improvement Association Annual Scholarship
The HPIA is no longer accepting scholarship applications for 2017.
The Harvey Park Improvement Association (HPIA) is pleased to announce higher education scholarships for the 2016-2017 academic year. Select scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors who plan to further their education by attending a university, community college or vocational / trade school.
The Harvey Park Improvement Association is proud to support our youth with the generous donations from our community to the HPIA Scholarship Fund.
- A cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities promoting academic excellence, arts and humanities and personal enrichment.
- Evidence of community service and/or outside employment.
- A clear sense of academic and/or professional goals as reflected in an essay and personal interview with members of the HPIA Scholarship Selection Committee. Interviews are required and will be held on Saturday, March 25th, 2017 between 10:00am and 2:00pm.
- Applicants must reside within the Harvey Park neighborhood. The boundaries for Harvey Park is Jewell Ave to the north, Hampden / HWY 285 to the south, Sheridan Blvd to the west and South Lowell Blvd to the east.
Scholarship Application Checklist:
☐ Submit complete application HPIA 2016 – 2017 Scholarship Application
☐ Submit transcripts from all schools attended (including college courses)
☐ Submit signed copy of Educational Amendment of 1974, Family Education and Privacy Act Release Form
☐ Reside within the boundaries of the Harvey Park neighborhood